Thursday, 26 June 2014

Crafty Day at Pam's

Sugar Craft & Silk Painting

3 sisters crafting day 

We get together to share our various crafting skills.

Each of my sisters are keen on various crafts. Lorna is a papercrafter, Pam loves silk painting and sugar craft.

Lorna & I went to Newton Abbot to spend time with Pam learning basic silk painting we produced a shells project, these are completely different which shows our individual style. I played and experimented with all the colours. Lorna listened better than I did!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed what we did, it was brill.

Thank you teacher :-)

Then we did the sugar craft, slightly nervous about this. Both of us way out of the usual comfort zone. Thank goodness for a patient teacher.

 Oak leaves and acorns, poinsettia leaves, ivy, rose hips and blackberries.

Pam with her paint brush, painting one of her blackberries

 

 

 

 

The more we did the more we relaxed and enjoyed it.


 

 

 

Left them overnight to dry, then we wired them together and created our Christmas cake decorations.


 Didn't we do well?

 

Finished pieces

Next crafting session - Nov booked in my studio.

More poinsettia with gold or silver leaf and something to do in between whilst the piped outlines dry. Will get my thinking cap on and most probably pick something from my Pinterest boards.


Until next time.

HAPPY CRAFTING