Friday, 20 June 2014

BADFA Convention 31st May & 1st June 2014


We had a great weekend of painting, meeting up with friends from all over the country at the Ibis Hotel near Rugby, Warwickshire.
Joanne and I arrived at the hotel just after lunch, no other committee members were there so Joanne and I started moving the tables around for the traders, helped later by Mal and then Ann P arrived too.

Had dinner and a few glasses of red wine and off to bed. Rather a sleepness night – the brain cells would not rest ...... kept going over the steps of the class I was teaching the following morning .... not good, maybe with more experience it will get better?
Saturday morning I taught my Violets and Lace design

The workshop went really well, a bit nervous to start but soon settled in to my routine. I worried for nothing.

 Thank you Margaret, Pam, Ann, Chrissie and Liz for booking my class. Thank you also to DecoArt for supplying the paint.

Enough time to eat some lunch before heading back to the classroom for a workshop with Clare Holmes.
A beautiful design inspired by Loui Jover
MUST find time to paint this again. And nail in the technique. A beautiful project especially when it is framed. Thank you Clare.


Just enough time to freshen up before the AGM, my three years stint as a committee member is now officially over. Time for all the things I've put on hold.

We all enjoyed a superb dinner followed by the paint till late.

After a good nights sleep and breakfast it was time to teach a Make & Take session. An Owl on a small notebook. Well loved by everyone who has tried it over several shows. Methinks it might be  time to find a new one? This cutie is inspired by a similar design by Annie Richardson.

 Browsed the trade stands quickly, bought some supplies, LOL as if I need some more :-) before heading back South to stay with Joanne overnight before heading South West and back to Cornwall.
Next years convention will be down in the South with a shorter journey time, looking forward to planning my next convention class. Glutton for punishment or what!